if you like what you see...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blogging Questions

Another post inspired by Big Mama. She asked the following questions, and blatantly copying off of a fellow blogger, I decided to post my answers.

1. What part of blogging brings you the most joy and satisfaction? Relationships? Having an outlet for writing? Reading? Commenting? Building your traffic? Something else?

2. What is the most frustrating part of blogging for you?

3. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about blogging, what would it be?

4. What do you know about blogging now that you WISH you had known when you started your blog?

5. What draws you to the blogs you read regularly? What elevates a blog to “daily read” status?

1. Blogging is becoming more of a creative outlet for me. I started out doing it just so I could share pictures of our family with people who live far away and can't see us on a regular basis. Now I catch myself thinking "this would be a good blog post" while I live my daily life. I think getting more involved in reading other blogs brought this on!! I have a counter for traffic on my blog but I rarely look at it. I will admit, if I have a post with no comments (or only one and it's my Mom, lol) I get a tad disappointed and I mark that one up as a dud.

2. The most frustrating part of blogging for me is comment response. What I mean is, I leave a comment on someone else's blog that is a question, for instance, and they never respond. I realize this is probably just my personality and perhaps I have an abnormal need of validation. LOL

3. My advice about blogging would be: if someone leaves you a comment, leave one back for them!

4. I don't really have anything to put here. I've enjoyed learning as I go with blogging and slowly getting more involved.

5. The blogs I read daily are mostly people I know (in real life) but I do have several that I read because we have things in common, or they have really fun posts, or we have struck up a blog friendship in some way.

I'm finding out in the "blog world" that I may be considered too open. A lot of people don't share their real names, kids' names, etc. I understand why that is. I guess I'm more worried about the bad guys in my neighborhood than I am the cyber space ones. I've always been an open person, "wear your heart on your sleeve" type person and I guess it followed me to blogging as well.

6 comments:

Erin said...

So funny, I left someone a comment earlier about hard to prononce last names and I was sharing all this information about me and family names, etc...I don't even know her, but it doesn't cross my mind to worry about those kind of things. I think I'm "too open" like you...and I agree, I'm more worried about the bad people in real life more than I am in the cyber world.

Lone Butterfly said...

OOOO - I like your comments, especially the part about leaving a question on someone else's blog that is never answered! (So very frustrating!)

I hope you continue to write, I think you're very interesting and I am really diggin' the flip-flops. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the comment thing! I try to leave a comment of some kind anytime I visit a blog because I know how it feels! Keep up the good work. Love all your pics and stories. =0)

BTW, if I ever forget to answer a question you or anyone else asks on my blog, I give ya'll permission to tell me how rude I am and to get my fanny in gear and answer the darn question, even if it's days/weeks/months old! lol

Keri said...

HEHE yes, same for me!!

Anonymous said...

I don't blog. To much work. Instead I just like to read Keri's and Crissy's blogs. They help me pass time when I am at work and bored or I want to procratinate on my homework (which I am doing at the present).

And I know Keri misses my fantastic whit and humor from the old CoWs days.

Mooooooo from the procratinating (sp???) blog stalker in Wisconsin.

Char said...

Cute idea! I think of Blogspot as the "family blog." I'm sure there's some questionable stuff out there, but in my blog circle it's just wholesome fun and good communication.