if you like what you see...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hot Corn Dip?!

I saw this floating around Pinterest and thought it looked like something the Bakers would thoroughly enjoy. Last night we had some friends over so I decided to try it out. It's wonderful!!

The original recipe can be found HERE. I cannot take any credit for this...not even for the picture! :)

Hot Corn Dip:

2 cups shredded chedder cheese
1 cup shredded Montery Jack
2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced small
1 small can (4oz) diced green chilies, undrained
1/2 cup Mayo
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 11oz can of corn, drained
1 small tomato
2 tbs cilantro, chopped
2 tbs green onions, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the cheeses, chiptole and green peppers, mayo, garlic powder and corn together. Pour into an oven safe dish. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

I know "Hot Corn Dip" sounds really weird...but trust me, you'll love it! The kids ate it with forks like a side dish. HA

2 comments:

Jill said...

Looks really good!

Jason, husband of Keri father of Mack, Kaeleigh and Piper said...

Good stuff! I think we need a little bit more spice added next time...but I am a spicy guy.