if you like what you see...

Saturday, April 07, 2012

confetti pancakes



Since Mack started school this year, we have a new tradition. Every Saturday we have pancakes for breakfast. It wasn't an intentional decision...it just kind of happened. But now it's a full-on tradition. So much so that when Aunt Korie and Uncle Chris stayed with the kids in February, Piper had a meltdown when she realized pancakes were not on the menu Saturday morning. Never you fear...Uncle Chris saved the day when he soothed her with chocolate milk. :)

Today I thought it would be fun to add confetti to the pancakes...somehow that just screams Easter! I use a recipe my Aunt Pam gave me for pancakes...I think it's from the Betty Crocker Cookbook?? It's fabulous. Best pancakes ever.

Confetti Pancakes 

2 cups milk
2 eggs
4T oil
4T sugar
2t vanilla
2t baking powder
1t baking soda
1t salt
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sprinkles

Whisk the milk, eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until blended. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until blended and a little frothy. Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and whisk until smooth and blended (but don't over whisk!). Add the sprinkles and whisk just until mixed in. Use your favorite method to cook the pancakes...I like to use my griddle at 400 degrees...perfect every time!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey doll,
I soooo want to try these, they look so yummy!! This is a great post and I am loving your blog, I am loving the content of your blog and think it works really well. You have given me loads of inspiration for my blog, which I just love, so thank you for that!! ☺ I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog and really do love it. It would be really cool if we could follow each other? I would also like to invite you to my ‘promote your blog’ challenge I have featured on my blog, where us bloggers are helping one another find more followers and readers. It would be great if you could join in: http://new-yorkdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/promote-your-blog-again.html

If you have facebook, I would be so so so grateful if you liked my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll

All the best,
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Anonymous said...


Really like your blog!
A wonderful post!

Have you got an account in instagram?
If yes, write me your name!

brett said...

Pretty! That is the same recipe I use! I always make mine from scratch...so easy! I have a new recipe I want to try "cake batter pancakes" utilizing some yellow cake mix.

Alyx said...

oooh, funfetti pancakes! How fun!!

Keetha Broyles said...

So Aunt Korie and Uncle Chris got to experience a Piper melt down!! Hehehehehe

The pancakes look yummy - - - but I haven't eaten pancakes in YEARS 'cause they trigger up all my acid issues.

Amy said...

Those pancakes look so fun! My kids would love that. We will have to try it this week. :)

Heather said...

Those look soooooooooooooo good! I'm going to make them with GF pancake mix. Yum and cute!