if you like what you see...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FCW Benefit


If you're one of our newest readers, you might wonder "What is that and why does she ramble on about it so often?!".

What FCW is, does, and is all about: "Our mission is to rescue abandoned and forgotten children as if they were our own. Our vision is to provide a loving and nurturing environment for forgotten children in which they may come to fully understand the love of Jesus by providing a loving home environment, education, clothes, food, medical care and spiritual mentoring. FCW offers a refuge of hope for broken, hurting children....(Psalm 82:3 (NIV))."

My job with FCW is Child Sponsorship Coordinator.  My team is responsible for keeping track of the children and their sponsors, finding new sponsors, maintaining relationships by coordinating letter-writing between sponsors and children twice a year, working closely and side-by-side with our international partners....just to name a few.

I dedicate my time and energy to Forgotten Children Worldwide not only because I believe in the mission and vision, but because I believe I have been called to serve, I have been commanded to help the poor, to feed the hungry, to rescue the abandoned.  My life belongs to Jesus, and Jesus says "...I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40 (Take a few minutes sometime and look to see how many scriptures in the Bible instruct us to help the poor and needy...you might be blown away!)

In November 2010, I traveled to Uganda. I met Bumpi, one of the children my family sponsors. I saw the sights, smelled the smells, felt the hurts, experienced the hope. My life was changed.  God uses Forgotten Children Worldwide to save children, families, villages.  Literally.  I know because I saw it, I witnessed it.

If you're still reading...THANK YOU! :)  If you feel led to get involved in some way (as little as $1 can make a difference by purchasing a chicken for a family!), please visit our website.  Feel free to email me or leave me a comment if you want more information or have any questions!!

Every year in February, we have a Benefit Dinner & Auction.  Last night was our big night.  It was the biggest yet!  We completely sold out of seats!  It was a packed house!  This is me and my awesome friend Natalie, the day before as we set up.  Natalie is a rockstar!  She is our Child Sponsorship Correspondence Coordinator, so her team is in charge of all the letters between children and sponsors and LET ME TELL YOU...it's a huge job and she is fabulous!!  In addition to that, she has been working LONG hours for the last six months as she collected donations for the Benefit Auction.  She is awesome!  LOTS of volunteers put in countless hours for this event to be successful, I just personally know about Natalie's hours because she is my close friend.


Everything was BEAUTIFUL!  The food was yummy and the service was phenomenal.


Merchandise table with handmade African jewelry and FCW tshirts.


The Child Sponsorship Table.  I haven't done an official count yet, but I think we got close to 20 new sponsors last night! WOOHOO and HOTDOG! :)

I am so honored, blessed and thankful for the opportunity to serve with this Spirit-led ministry.  Thanks for listening to me go on and on and for understanding my passion!

{later edit...15 children received sponsorship at the Benefit!!!}

3 comments:

Alyx said...

Congrats! It sounds like you guys did really well!
And good for you for being so passionate about something so wonderful!

Maria Sself said...

you, guys, are doing some really GREAT work! I'm happy there are people like you!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Has it been a year already?

All looks lovely.