if you like what you see...

Thursday, December 06, 2012

more ponderings


Last night at Livewires (the mid-week children's program at our church), the guy on Kidmo said something like "There was no room in the inn! What were Joseph and Mary going to do?? God provided for His Son, a place to be born...". Now I've heard that statement a gagillion times throughout my 36 years. But for some reason, this time, conviction hit me like a punch in the gut.

How do I expect God to provide for me? A manger in a barn full of stinky animals? Yeah, no thanks!

I expect Him to provide our mortgage payment each month so we can continue living in our comfortable home.

I expect Him to keep our van running with no major repair bills.

I expect I expect I expect...

I expect I should get down on my face.

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


Now you're gettin' it!!!

:-)

Pam said...

Wow - thanks for sharing your thoughts - powerfully good stuff! Love you!