if you like what you see...

Sunday, September 15, 2013

God's Disappointment

"I know God LOVES me, but I disappoint Him."

That's me. That's been me for as long as I can remember.

The word "disappoint" or "disappointed" is only found in scripture (God's WORD) a handful of times, in some translations not at all or only ONCE. And where it IS found in scripture, the word is not referring to God's disappointment. For example:  "And this hope will never disappoint us..." Romans 5:5

God is NOT disappointed in us.

disappointed:  (of a person) sad or displeased because someone or something has failed to fulfill one's hopes or expectations.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for God to be disappointed. Look at that definition! We can never fail to fulfill His expectations of us because He already KNOWS who we are, what we are, what we will or will not do...better than we know these things ourselves! "You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely." Psalm 139:1-4

So do you see?? He CAN NOT be disappointed!! He knows us completely AND WITH THAT KNOWLEDGE, HE CHOSE US!

He chose ME.

HE CHOSE YOU.

"You did not choose me, but I chose you..." John 15:16

Let that truth sink-in today. Let it fill you up to overflowing with the FREEDOM of His LOVE and GRACE!!! I am! I am choosing to believe what HE says about me and I have never felt so much peace and love and FREEDOM.

(I must give credit where credit is due! I got to see Beth Moore live via Simulcast yesterday and this is just one small nugget of truth she shared. I may share more as I continue to allow God's truth to settle in to my heart and soul...she called it a "growth spurt of grace" and that is indeed what I experienced!! God is amazing.)

No comments: