if you like what you see...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Team Family Dinner

Last night we had our final team meeting before hitting the skies for Uganda! This meeting included a dinner and we brought our families. This is Lydia. Her Mom is on the team with me and is a very good friend of mine. Lydia is from Ethiopia (and she is just as vivacious and full of life as this picture)!!
FCI's CEO and Founder (and amazing pastor, excellent teacher and loyal friend) Matt Hartsell, our team leader (and friend) Jeremy Rodgers, Lydia, Piper and me.
HAHA maybe we shouldn't try to get a picture while the little ones are eating candy corn?!
I wish this was a video so you could hear Mackinley's peals of laughter at himself for popping up in front of the camera JUST as Daddy hit the button. "Ornery" just isn't a sufficient description for our son! hehehe :)

11 days from today we leave. It will be here and gone before I know it. I am sooo excited to go. Please pray for our families who will be here at home continuing with the mundane daily tasks while we are gone. Pray for the transition that has to happen when we return. Pray for our hearts to be putty in God's hands.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

ADORABLE new hair cut, Keri!!!

grammy said...

I always LOVE your new hairdos...and this also wins two thumbs up!!!! Darling look for you!!! Mushy B-day card in mail & hope it gets there in time, along with a copy of something I thought was apropriate at this time. Hope you enjoy.

Ben said...

This is wonderful, Keri. We'll be thinking of you on your adventure. I hope you'll have a way to stay in touch and keep us up on the latest, because I'm thinking there are probably going to be a lot of "latests."

Wishing you well...
Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/