if you like what you see...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shut-Ins

We were forced to be shut-ins today. Mackinley and Piper have colds. Piper, bless her little gizzard, is struggling the most.

Jason decided not being able to go to church wasn't an excuse to not HAVE church today (and it wasn't a hard choice for me to be the submissive wife in THAT decision!). Our children's program at church is wonderful. On the first Sunday of each month, we can take a "placemat" that has the curriculum for the entire month. So today, we read the story the children would have had at church, The Prodigal Son.

Their memory verse this month is "Let the little children come to me." Luke 18:16. After the story and singing and prayer, Jason drew a picture of Jesus and told the kids to draw themselves "coming to him". What a fantastic idea!! They loved it.

I'm so proud of my husband, taking his role as spiritual head of the family so seriously. This little craft idea he had for the kids really brought their verse to life for them. (Forgive me for bragging...I just can't help it...we are so blessed and God is so good!)

5 comments:

Pam said...

Love it! Please get the colds etc out of your systems now because we don't want you to be shut in two weeks from now!!

Keri said...

They are on the mend! Today is the best day Piper has had since Thursday. So I'm sure in two weeks they will be just perfect!! :)

Deven said...

Totally worth bragging about. Nice job, Daddy.

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE it!!! Jason can have a second career as a child evangelist!!!

PS - - - Papoo SHOWED me your facebook status IN CHURCH this morning on his Blackberry!

grammy said...

Awwww how sweet that is. Jason you're a great daddy!!!