if you like what you see...

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frugal Fashion

I follow a blog called Pink Coffee Photoart, owned by Professional Photographer Lyndsay Almeida. When she was pregnant, she started posting pictures of the outfits she liked most, hoping to encourage other pregnant women that there can still be fashion with a baby bulge. Lyndsay has since had her baby, an adorable boy named Kingston Rock, but she has continued the "Outfit of the Week" posts and I must say...I do get inspired by her creativity with her closet.

This is my feeble attempt at somewhat replicating one of her posts. (I said FEEBLE! I am NO professional, do not have her creativity or eye for these things, but still...I'm trying!)

V-neck T - $3 at Walmart (last night! HA)
Skirt - This was a dress I bought at Von Maur 4 years ago. I couldn't make it work as a dress anymore so I chopped off the top and made it a skirt. The belt used to tie around the back, just under the bodice, so I saved it and use it to hold the skirt in place.
Flip flops - Payless Shoes, the same day I bought the dress from Von Maur.
Bracelets - Various pieces I've picked up along the years, the wide brown one and one of the others came from Uganda.

Maybe you'll be inspired...maybe you won't...but either way, make sure you check out Lyndsay's Outfit of the Week because hers are light-years better than this one! hehehe :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Keri..you are adorable!! I love the outfit and you look so skinny!! I wish I was brave enough to chop off a dress into a skirt...but I'm so uncreative. Love it! :)

Keri said...

I will admit...I was a little afraid when I made the first cut. I'm not creative, either! But once I got started, it just kind of clicked. Plus I knew I had nothing to lose because even if the skirt idea didn't work, I couldn't wear the dress either so it wasn't like I was going to ruin something, I could have made a shawl or scarf out if it if the skirt flopped.

Lyndsay Almeida said...

Keri!!! You look great! That skirt turned out so cute, and I love how you pulled the turquoise out with your accessories. Hot Mamma!!!

Rachel said...

I am definitely inspired! Currently online looks at skirts on sale :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Your mama has a similar pair of flippy floppies!

You look adorable.