if you like what you see...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Family Date Night


With gift cards burning holes in our pockets, Saturday we had a family date night!

First stop, Texas Roadhouse

I'll give you two guesses as to who took the first picture and who took the second. :)

Piper has given new meaning to her nickname "Peanut" lately. She asks for peanuts every time we go grocery shopping and she was way more interested in the peanuts and bread than anything else Texan at the Roadhouse. OH...and the butter...which she thought was ice cream and had a whole scoop of it in her mouth before we realized what she was eating! GROSS! :)

After filling our tummies, the kids got to use their Christmas Toys R Us gift cards.

Finally, THE CIRCUS! I am 35 years old and this was my first time ever at the circus!

Before the show began, we enjoyed watching the elephants, camels, tigers and ponies.

See the "woman" on the right?? "She" was very well endowed indeed, and flouncing her "womanhood" all over the center ring as she proceeded to do her laundry. Piper looked at me and said "That is NOT appropriate." Hahahahaha!! That was the highlight for me. :)

We all enjoyed the show and we're so thankful to have generous friends who shared their tickets with us!

4 comments:

Kara said...

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse! I've only been to the circus once, when I was a kid, but I'd love to go back! Looks like fun :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oooooo how fun is THIS!?! I wish I'd been there!

However, my sweet little girl, it has only been 34 years since you saw your FIRST circus and mistook your Great Uncle George (who played his trumpet in that circus band) for your Peepaw!!!!

Yep - - - we DID take you to a circus when you were just a wee little one year old.

Alyx said...

Haha, your kids sound like a kick in the pants! Eating butter and commenting on how inappropriate bouncing womanhood is? I love it!
Looks like an awesome weekend!

allyson said...

So Great to spend time with each other except with a weirdo person Love ya Jason=D But u r pretty weird=D Seems fun to be with your kids they are sooooooo Big AAAAAAAHHHHHH=D