if you like what you see...

Friday, February 03, 2012

the sweatshirt saga {silly}

Meet my hoodie.  It's awesome, right?  Looks nice and comfy, long, baggy, perfect for lounging around AND doing things like running errands, grocery shopping, etc. Yes?? Well, that's what I thought too, and is why I purchased it some 8 years ago.

But alas.  Miss Thunderthighs McGee (that's me) looks very dumpy and frumpy in this hoodie.  Who cares if I'm just lounging around, right?!  Well...yes...that's true, I suppose.  However I do still like to look somewhat cute, even when I'm lounging, I mean...I have an amazing husband who deserves to have a wife who doesn't look like she just walked out of one of those emails with all the Walmart people. RIGHT?!

I have never been able to bring myself to get rid of this hoodie, even though I hate how it looks on me, because I still think as far as hoodies go, it rocks!  I mean, it's not the hoodie's fault that it just happens to land right smack dab in the absolute widest and largest part of my thighs, nor can it help that it's maker failed to put any elastic in the bottom band, which would have made it possible for me to tuck it under.

WELL my friends (those of you who are still here and haven't nodded off or been distracted by your fingernails), today I believe I found a solution and can now wear my rockin' hoodie with pride!
My amazing, astounding, mind-blowing, over-the-top, you'll-never-believe-it solution??

A safety pin.

Yep!  A safety pin, at the bottom of the band, cinching it up enough that I can tuck that sucker right underneath.  SOOOOOO can you see it?!  Can you see how much better it looks with the help of that little safety pin?? 

Or perhaps I'm just delusional....which is highly likely.

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

You are cute safety pin or no and I say wear the hoodie with pride.

Keetha Broyles said...

and what about false advertising??? You never ran cross country in your life and in 1977 you could barely WALK much less run!

;-)

Alyx said...

BAHAHAHAH!!!!
I love the pictures. Fabulous.
OOH! OOH!!! I can do word verification BEFORE I submit my comment!!! hehehehe

Kara said...

This is hilarious! I used to have a hoodie that did exactly the same thing and I used a safety pin too! Gotta love safety pins!