if you like what you see...

Monday, March 05, 2012

be a hero. save a life. be blessed.

This is Laxmi. Isn't she precious?!  I can't look at her smile and not smile myself!  As you can see, Laxmi was born with an extra finger.  I look at this picture and think she's what...8?  And then I have to wonder...if one of my children had been born with an extra finger, would they still have that extra finger at 8 years old?  No.  Jason and I would have decided to have it removed probably as soon as the doctors said it would be ok.  But Laxmi didn't have that option.  UNTIL NOW.

Laxmi lives in India (I will get to meet her when I go in June!) and has a sponsor through Forgotten Children Worldwide. Child Sponsorship is $25/mo.  That's it.  Laxmi's sponsors did not have to give anything extra for her to have the surgery and yet look how it has changed her life...in just this ONE aspect!  Not to mention the fact she's not living in the street, or "working" in the temple, or being married off to a man four times her age, or being sold into prostitution or slavery.

Maybe you've been feeling tugged to help in some way.  But you might think "What can I do?! Nothing I have will make a difference.".  Do you have $25 a month?  That's pizza for dinner one night.  Sponsoring a child SAVES A LIFE.  And the ripple effects of that saved life are endless, impossible to count, amazing. Or you might be skeptical as to whether or not you can trust an organization. I will personally be in charge of overseeing your sponsorship...so if you know me and trust me, you can trust FCW. FCW is unique in the fact that 100% of your $25 monthly gift goes directly to the care of your child, not one penny is used by FCW for administrative costs, supplies, etc.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

This is a GREAT post, daughter dear!