if you like what you see...

Monday, January 06, 2014

snowed in!





I took these pictures yesterday as the snow was still coming down.
Today we have sunshine and the temperature is a balmy -9 with a windchill of -35.
There's a massive drift that takes up our whole backyard and is almost half as tall as our house!
Winds around 25 mph leading to decreased visibility and county roads that are impassable have led to
school being canceled today and already for tomorrow too, making for an extra long Christmas break!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are loving every minute of it!
We've had lots of family time, pancakes, cookies, video games, and board games.
Once I get out of my warm cozy chair I am headed to the kitchen to see about a big pot of soup.

Now I know there are some northerners (like my mother), who live in these arctic conditions every winter,
scoffing and balking and even laughing at the idea that school and businesses are shut down.
To them I say "Laugh it up!!! Enjoy your Monday grinding away at work and school, we'll continue enjoying
OUR day together as a family holed up in our little nest with treats and kin."

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Gorgeous.

You got LOTS of those snow days.

I got to go home early from work ONCE when it was 17 below or something.