if you like what you see...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

fresh {birthday} blessings

We live far away from our families. We are scattered from Michigan to Indiana to Florida to Wisconsin to Alaska. And, honestly, it makes us sad sometimes. We love family, family is so important. We wish we had daily personal relationships with our families much more than we currently do...we love to watch the show "Blue Bloods" and we crave that weekly Sunday supper they have! But Thursday, we kept receiving boxes...and mail. By the end of the day, I was touched by the pile of mail and boxes Mack received for his birthday. And I realized something. There are blessings in far-away families too. How excited he was when he came home from school and found this mountain of boxes and mail...all for him!! I should be content with the way things are NOW...God has each of us is where He wants us. I'm thankful for our families and the love we all have for each other, I was greatly reminded of that this week.
In one of the big boxes was this monster birthday cookie AND sugar cookies with frosting so we could decorate them ourselves! How fun is that?!?! (Thank you Grandpa and Robin!!!) We had lots of giggles and laughs and licking of fingers and just good old fashioned fun while we decorated our cookies. It was the perfect way to spend a Thursday evening and to kick-off Mack's sixth birthday.

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh so many Mack faces in here that came STRAIGHT OFF HIS UNCLE KELLY back in the day!!!!

And that cookie fun - - - what a GREAT idea!!! I would NEVER have thought of sending the "nekked" cookies and all the icing all ready to go!

Mistikist said...

I read this the other day, but came back to look again and I'm crying. We would love to have daily contact with you guys also! Love you all and hope Mack had a great birthday!

Keri said...

Awww Mist! I didn't mean to make you cry. :( But sometimes it is just SAD, isn't it?? I love you, cousin-like-a-sister!

allyson said...

That is so crazy that Mac is so big I miss Him=D love Jason's Face so Cute=D