if you like what you see...

Friday, January 13, 2012

More Pinspiration

I really really love Pinterest. It has introduced me to so many new ideas, recipes, tips, tricks and fashion. The latest pinspiration is this Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili from Plain Chicken (incidentally, I've tried several of her recipes and have yet to be disappointed!) I digress. This chili is FABULOUS and will be a new staple in the Baker house.

The recipe:

1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Could it BE any easier?! I think not.
And it was DELICIOUS. We had zero leftovers, so next time I will more than likely double the recipe. Yep. We like to eat...no surprise there! :)
We put a little cheese and crushed tortilla chips on top when we ate it. That's the only change to the original recipe I made. Seriously...TRY IT!

(Sorry for the horrible pictures. I didn't know where the camera was and I was too hungry to go searching for it so I just used my phone. I think you get the gist of it!)

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That looks sooooo good. Ship a couple bowls up this way, will ya??

Karlene said...

This looks really good. I'm definetly trying it for the family sometime this week. Probably tomorrow.

Keri said...

You will not be disappointed!

KristiStamey said...

Thanks for this, you just rounded out my meal plan for the week!