if you like what you see...

Friday, May 08, 2009

Reflecting

I miss...
  • Going to the bathroom by myself
  • Vacations
  • Eating a meal while it's still hot and while everyone else is eating
  • Going out for lunch
  • Adult conversation
  • "Fun" money
  • Financial freedom
  • Dates with Jason
I don't miss...
  • Getting up early
  • Answering to someone other than God & my husband
  • Sitting at a desk for hours and hours
  • Gossip
  • Drama
  • Filing
  • Answering phones
  • Customers
I love...
  • Reading to my children
  • Going for walks
  • Playing at the park
  • Piper's "Uh oh!"
  • The way Mackinley says "elbow" (eeebow)
  • That I haven't missed one minute
  • Suppertime
  • Getting Piper out of her bed and being greeted with her huge beautiful smile
  • Giggles
  • Hearing Mackinley sing the ABC's and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
  • Watching Mackinley do "Patty Cake" with Piper
  • My flexible schedule
  • Being home

8 comments:

Dustin and Kayla said...

I love the going to the bathroom by myself:) You're very blessed to be able to stay home with ur precious babies! :)

Jason said...

I love you babe!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Awwwwwww. Great list. Did it help you find the balance we talked about last night???

Keri said...

I need a little more than a list to bring me out of my slump. :) I'll be fine though.

Lyndsay Almeida said...

love this-it gives me an honest look at what i have to look forward to...and what i might miss too!!

Andrea said...

I love Emma's ABCs too....although usually K is missing, along with Q,R,S, T, U, and V as well. Oh well, like you said, it's the little things that make it all worthwhile!!

Julie said...

Love these lists! Love. Them. I'm right there with you on your lists. Fun money- oh how I miss you.

I was just thinking today of how much I would miss if I would be working. I think I needed to read this post!

Keri said...

Julie - I've been struggling lately. I needed to put everything back in perspective so I can remember WHY we've made the sacrifices we've made. Our pastor shared an awesome video Sunday for mothers feeling the way I've been feeling...I'll find it and post it on my blog.